Menu

About Us The History of Asunaro Aoki

Our History

  Asunaro Construction Co., Ltd. Aoki Corporation
1940s  
1947
BULLDOZER KOJI CO., LTD. founded as the first mechanized civil engineering company in Osaka
1948
Established Tokyo Branch
1950s
1950
Established FUSO DOBOKU CO., LTD.
1959
Established Komatsu Road Construction Co., Ltd. (fully invested by KOMATSU)
1957
Constructed the “Yokohama Shindo” (New Expressway) as the first expressway in Japan
1959
Established Architectural and Building Department
1960s
1960
Renamed FUSO DOBOKU CO., LTD. and Komatsu Road Construction Co., Ltd. merger to “Komatsu Fuso Construction Co., Ltd.”
1962
Renamed Komatsu Construction Co., Ltd.
1966
Started KOMATSU Oyama Plant Construction Project
1960
Carried out construction of the Tokaido Shinkansen Ayase Section Project
1963
Built pusher barge fleet as the first of its kind in Japan and developed reclamation methods
1966
Added construction of large-scale rockfill dam to Company’s activities (Kisenyama Dam for the Kansai Electric Power Co., Ltd.)
1969
Architectural and Building Department established
1969
Renamed Aoki Corporation
1970s
1970
First construction project using an amphibious bulldozer (river flow path maintenance)
1973
Established Komatsu Pavement Co., Ltd.
1971
Awarded contract for construction of the Taiwan North-South Freeway
1974
Date communication network was established between the head office and all branches
Participated in Seikan Tunnel Construction Project
1980s
1980
Carried out the Komatsu Airport Terminal Building Construction Project
1988
Acquired Westin Hotels, the US hotel chain
1990s
1991
Carried out construction of the Komatsu Rokko island factory
1990
Established Westin Osaka
2000
2000
Takamatsu Construction Co., Ltd. acquired 69.15% of shares from Komatsu
 
2001  
2001
Petition for commencement of civil rehabilitation proceedings based on the civil rehabilitation law (termination of 2002/9 procedure)
2002
2002
Acquired 30% of shares from Aoki Corporation
Renamed Asunaro Construction Co., Ltd.
2002
Reduced capital by 100%
Komatsu Construction Co., Ltd. undertook 30% of shares, and Takamatsu Construction Co., Ltd undertook 70% of shares by third-party allotment
2003
2003
Relocated head office and Tokyo branch to Shiba, Minato-Ku, Tokyo
2003
Announced merger of both companies
Concluded merger agreement
2003
Relocated head office and Tokyo branch to Shiba, Minato-Ku, Tokyo

Asunaro Aoki Construction Co., Ltd.

2004
2004
Launched Asunaro Aoki Construction Co., Ltd.
2006
2006
Acquired Toko Construction
2008
2008
Acquired Mirai Construction Co., Ltd., Mirai Geotech Co., Ltd., and Techno Marix Co., Ltd.
2009
2009
MS converted into a subsidiary of Mirai Construction Co., Ltd.
2010
2010
Techno Marix Co., Ltd. absorbed by Aoki Marin in merger
Merged Toko Construction, Mirai Geotech, and Daiwa Rock
2011
2011
Established Niigatamirai Construction
2012
2012
Relocated head office and Tokyo branch to Shiba 4-Chome
Acquired all shares of Shimada-gumi
2013
2013
Converted Aoki Marin into a wholly-owned company
2017
2017
Aoki Marin converted by Mirai Construction Co., Ltd. into a wholly-owned company
2018
2018
Mr. Yasunobu Ueno was appointed Chairman of the Board, and Mr. Yasushi Tsujii took over as Representative Director and President.

Back to About Us

Go to TOP
HOME
About Us
Projects and Technology Institute
Investor Relations